Read the article, The Bologna Process and the Transformation of European Higher Education [PDF]. This case study describes the process by which the structure and focus of the European university systems have been scrutinized in recent years. The goals are to increase the harmonization of degree structures, academic outcomes, and quality assurance. The most important outcome is to examine and optimize the mobility for students and academic staff.
- Briefly summarize the journey that the Bologna Process has taken.
- Determine how the Bologna Process is positioned to serve the academic needs of pan-European countries.
- Analyze how the Bologna Process will support the academic initiatives in the United States.
- Augment the Bologna Process with three additional ideas you may have to improve the flexibility of universities in Europe.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop ideas to support academic initiatives and improve the academic flexibility of universities here and abroad.