Read 15 16 17
The title is: Management, 13th Edition by S. Robbins and M. Coulter, published by PearsonEducation.
- Why is it important for managers to set organizational behavior goals?
- Why is it important for an employee to be satisfied with his or her job?
- How does an employee’s personality impact his/her success at work?
- How does a person’s perception impact his/her reality at work?
Think about a time when you had to lead in either your professional or personal life.
1. Describe the situation and the leadership style you used in this situation using one from the textbook (ex: transformational-transactional leadership, charismatic-visionary leadership, etc.).
2. Do you believe you led successfully? Why or why not?
3. What was the biggest challenge you had to overcome during this time? How did you overcome it?
You are an assistant manager of a fast food chain outlet in Queens, New York and have been tipped by a top manager who works at company headquarters that the C.E.O. of the fast food chain will be visiting your outlet in disguise as a newly hired drive-thru worker. This arrangement was made possible by the television show Undercover Boss.
1. As the assistant manager of this fast food outlet, how would you react to the fact that you know the C.E.O. will be visiting in disguise? Would you tell your manager, other employees, or keep this to yourself? Why?
2. Do you believe it is ethical for the C.E.O. to mislead employees in this way? Why or why not?